Saturday, December 31, 2016

Another year older. So what?

Yeah, yeah, yeah...happy flippin' New Year. 2016 nearly sucked the life out of me. Some years are ok.  Some....not so much. This was a year that I'd rather not remember. So many horrific things happened.

My son asked me today what my resolutions are. Honestly? I'm not making any. I am going to continue hating, and loathing, and being me. Because it's what I do. I won't offer undying support for what I know is wrong. I won't cheer you on in your fucked up reality.

What I WILL do is continue to love and cherish those that are in my life, no matter how briefly they are here. I will still work towards that forgiveness thing (haven't mastered it, hence the above statement). I will read my book and work in my journal (every day) that my amazing daughter got me for Christmas. I will still love fiercely. I will laugh from my belly. I will cherish my children. Even when they piss me off.

I will also continue to wish hell,  fire and brimstone to rain on your fat, ugly face. I will continue to dream of getting my chance to take you on with no reprocussions. I will sit, from afar, and watch your "incredible life" shatter and fall like the great Roman Empire.

I will sit here and still have hurt feelings, and still feel pain. I will experience all of the normal, human emotions.

Doesn't sound like this year will be much different than the last few. The older I get, the more I realize, it's just another day. Just another drop in my ocean of life. The only thing different is the date.

I will say this:
I will not be disposable in anyone's life anymore. If I'm not good enough...too bad, you're the loser that wanted something far worse than me.

I should close this out. I'm going to eat dinner with my Little's, play sky landers and relish in their presence.

Should old acquaintance be forgot...

~Lou~

No comments:

Post a Comment